Return & Refund Policy
MobilityEssence.com works to ensure that you have the right product for your needs. However, an item may be damaged or simply fail to meet your expectations.
Please review the Return Policy for your specific product by going to the tabs and clicking on your corresponded product policy. There you'll find a detailed summary of our return conditions.
If goods arrive damaged or you receive the wrong item. Mobility Essence will file an insurance claim with the shipping provider (ex: UPS, FedEx, or US Mail). otherwise you are responsible for all return shipping costs.
- 1. Request an RA number by completing our easy online Return Authorization Request. You may also call us at 1-(855) 735-1069 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an RA number. Have handy with you:
- Your Order Number (found in the email invoice confirmation)
- Name of the Product and Quantity you would like to return We will honor your return so long as the date of your email or call is within 30 days of the date of your purchase. There are a few items which are non-returnable secondary to federal law and vendor restrictions. See the specific non-returnable item list below in this page.
- 2. We'll promptly issue a Return Authorization number and the shipping address of the vendor or manufacturer warehouse.
- The return shipping address does vary with each product, so be sure to follow our email instructions which will provide the exact warehouse address.
- If the customer incorrectly returns the product to an incorrect warehouse address (because return address delivery instructions were ignored), then the customer will be responsible for charges associated with rerouting the package to its assigned inventory warehouse location. Remember to email us email@example.com. We cannot accept any package without a Return Authorization number on the outside label of the package
- 3. Once the product is received it will be inspected for damages and signs of use. If the item shows any signs of use, Mobility Essence is unfortunately not able to issue a refund. In the event your item is not returnable we will contact you and you can decide if you'd like it shipped back. You will be responsible for shipping fees to get the item back to you.
For your protection, return the merchandise via a traceable form of shipping (UPS, FedEx, USPS with Delivery Confirmation, etc.) in new, resalable condition; containing all of the manufacturers' original packaging, accessories, warranties, instruction manuals, etc.
As a precaution, you may want to purchase shipping insurance, because we are not responsible for product damages incurred during a product's shipment return to the warehouse. Items returned used, damaged, or in non-resalable condition will not be refunded or replaced.
Once the product has been received by the Mobility vendor or manufacturer warehouse, we will credit your Bank, Digital Banking App, BTC wallet, debit/credit card, minus any applicable restocking fees
Please allow approximately four to six weeks for the credit to appear on your credit card statement.
There are return policy exceptions which apply to the sale of the items listed below.
Please see the section listed below to read about return policy exceptions.
Other exceptions are listed beside individual product descriptions on the product's respective product end web page.
When you receive your Mobility Essence product from the shipping company, check the condition of the package right away. If you find any damage, don't accept it.
if, after accepting or signing for your order, you find a damaged item, call us within 48 hours at (855) 735-1069 to report the damage and obtain a return authorization
Failure to report shipping damages within 48 hours of product delivery will result in Mobility Essence not being able to replace, return, or refund your damaged goods.
The freight company normally requires the customer to sign a document which verifies goods were delivered in acceptable, undamaged condition.
Please take pictures, videos and document your products' shipping damage thoroughly, as this will allow Mobility Essence, the distributor or manufacturer to file an insurance claim with the freight/logistics shipping provider to initiate reimbursement for your freight-damaged item
To avoid this from happening, please do not sign a proof of delivery form without first documenting any damage that is present to the exterior product packaging and to the product itself.
The replacement process begins with Mobility Essence obtaining, then issuing you (the Customer), a Return Authorization Tracking Number and a specific return shipping address.
The return address varies. We have different warehouses around the country Most manufacturers will issue you a return call-tags. Some may not.
However, we urge you to wait for our instructions. We will email you with details about your return.
If you send a damaged goods call-tag and the warehouse determines that the item isn't damaged or defective, you will be charged for the call-tag plus, any applicable restocking fees.
There are instances when the manufacturer or product vendor will review images and information surrounding freight-damaged products.
While the manufacturer may repair or replace the product which is damaged during shipping, they may or may not authorize the return of the damaged merchandise.
This decision is made at the sole discretion of the manufacturer, vendor, or freight-carrier and is not something that Mobility Essence has control over.
If the manufacturer, vendor or freight-carrier does not authorize the return of the damaged product, the customer may discard, dispose, donate, or up-cycle the damaged product as they see fit.
Mobility Essence does not reimburse customers for any costs associated with discarding, disposing, donating, or up-cycling the damaged product.
Please do not discard, dispose of, donate, or up-cycle any damaged product until you have been instructed to do so, because the freight-damage claim process may require up to 120 days to achieve final resolution.
During the investigation and settlement phase of the freight claim, the damaged product must remain in the possession of the customer/consignee.
Products items cannot be returned if they have been used, soiled, or if the packaging is destroyed. The product must be in new, resalable condition.
Please check the product item when received and report any missing merchandise to Mobility Essence within 48 business hours.
Failure to report shipping/packaging errors within 48 hours of product delivery will result in Mobility Essence not being able to replace your missing goods.
All returned products require a Return Authorization Number (RA#). Please confirm that your RA# is clearly marked on the outside of the box.
Returned product boxes, that does not have an RA#, will be refused by the warehouse and returned to the sender.
Due to our complex network of warehouses, Mobility Essence does not allow for direct product exchanges.
The Mobility Essence Exchange process requires that we follow these 4 steps:
- 1. The customer must place a new order for the new size, new color, or replacement item that is desired.
- 2. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a Return Authorization Number (RA#) and return shipping address for the product you would like to return.
- The return address varies, so please wait for instructions before shipping the item back to one of our designated warehouses.
- 3. After receiving your RA# and a warehouse shipping address, you must then mail or ship your return-item back to the designated return warehouse
- 4. After the returned item has been received and processed by the designated return warehouse, your credit card will then be credited (minus any applicable restocking fees).
Mobility Essence restocking fees and our 15%, 20% or 30% restocking policy was established with a goal of achieving alignment with our 3rd party warehousing, distribution, and manufacturing partners.
The restocking fee policy is published in plain site and we honestly communicate our restocking fees prior to checkout.
All Mobility Essence customers are pre-notified and must acknowledge via opt-in tick-box, agreeing to the restocking fee policy at the time of shopping-cart checkout.
Mobility Essence does not sell many commoditized items - we sell unique, hard to source medical devices.
The held quantities are low and this makes the distribution, logistics, warehousing, stocking, and fulfillment more complicated and expensive as compared to a traditional online seller.
The restocking fee percentage was not established to gouge any customer or person. In fact, Mobility Essence incurs operational losses with each and every restocking.
Mobility Essence pays 3rd party warehouse restocking fees, call tag fees, financial reversal fees, and we pay teams of associates to manage the entire process.
Whenever a customer reaches out to our Customer Care Team, our internal Mobility Essence Team strives to work with each customer using patience and empathy to achieve a mutually agreeable resolution.
Bottom line, we request that you contact us first, prior to contacting a 3rd party complaint website. If you do so, an RM associate will do his/her best to work with you to reach a fair, amicable resolution.
Our goal is to achieve goodwill with each customer's return experience.
Access-Able, Fabrication Enterprises, Invacare Corporation, Sunrise Medical Corporation, Healthcraft Corporation and others listed below charge Mobility Essence an exceptional re-stocking fee on all items.
Mobility Essence could not stay in business and serve it's customers if it were to incur exceptional losses with re-stocking fees.
This is why we must pass these restocking fees along to our customers.
After placing the Mobility Essence order, if the customer refuses delivery of a package or if the package is returned as undeliverable to the delivery address the customer provided, then the customer will be responsible for refusal shipping charges, return shipping charges, and product restocking fees of up to 50%, unless the item was non-returnable.
Non-returnable items that are refused by the customer, at the time of delivery, will not be refunded.
Please ensure that you understand how the ordered item(s) will be delivered and make arrangements to receive the order when it arrives at the ship to address that is provided with the Mobility Essence order.
This policy applies to all Mobility Essence orders and is applicable to both freight deliveries and standard ground deliveries.
Unauthorized Returns are essentially products which are returned to a Mobility Enssence Distribution Facility/Partner without a Return Authorization (RA) number.
Unauthorized Product Returns are very costly because the product may not be returnable or acceptable by the distribution partner, the product may have been sent to an incorrect distribution center location, or the referenced product may be outside of its allowable return time-frame window.
In light of these factors, it is Mobility Essence policy to not issue a refund for unauthorized product returns. Again, unauthorized product returns are non-refundable.
Please contact Mobility Essence to obtain a Return Authorization (RA) number, prior to mailing a product back to a service center location.
Mobility Essence reserves the right to refuse delivery of product(s) which do not have a Return Authorization (RA) number clearly listed on the outside of the package.
Mobility Essence does not accept returns on items that cost less than $45. For example, a cup holder cost $11.95 on the website.
This item falls beneath the $45 online price threshold, so the 'reacher' is non-returnable.
We have implemented this No Return policy on low-price items because it simply costs the customer, the manufacturing distributor and the company too much to accept returns on under $45 item
- Accessories/Parts/Replacement-Parts - (cannot be returned - special order item).
- Custom Ordered Ramps - (cannot be returned - special order item).
- Anything open, used, or tried-on - (cannot be returned)
- Cross-Contamination Law is enforced for hygiene products / toileting products / bathroom products / body braces / foam cushions / wheelchair cushions / stockings / splints.
- Products that come in contact with the human body cannot be returned as they are single-use patient items.
- Bed Mattresses, Low Air Loss & Alternating Pressure Mattresses - (cannot be returned - special order item)
- CPAP machines / BIPAP machines - (cannot be returned)
- Custom Wheelchairs - (cannot be returned - special order item)
- Custom Strollers - (cannot be returned - special order item)
- Hospital Beds - (cannot be returned - special order item)
- Hoyer Lifts - (cannot be returned - special order item)
- Lift Chairs - (cannot be returned - special order item)
- Overlay Mattresses - (cannot be returned - due to hygiene laws)
- Oxygen Concentrators - (cannot be returned - special order item)
- Patient Lifts - (cannot be returned - special order item)
- Raised Toilet Seats and Commodes - (cannot be returned - due to hygiene laws)
- Shower Chairs and Bath Seats - (cannot be returned - due to hygiene laws)
- Scooters - (cannot be returned - special order item)
- Body-Solid Products are non-returnable.
If you receive damaged items, they will be replaced by the manufacturer: Body Solid. Items covered by warranty will be repaired by a qualified service technician.
Service appointments will be coordinated by Body Solid and Mobility Essence.
Clinical furniture items are non-returnable as they are special order products. Hausmann furniture items are non-returnable as they are special order products.
ICC (Invacare Continuing Care Group) furniture items are non-returnable as they are custom built per customers specifications.
IPU items are non-returnable as they are custom built per customers specifications.
MJM items are non-returnable as they are custom built.
Mobility Essence reserves the right to refer the customer to the actual product manufacturer when replacement parts are needed.
Mobility Essence will provide its customers with manufacturer contact information and when directed by Mobility Essence to do so, the customer will need to speak directly with the product manufacturer in order to obtain replacement parts that were mistakenly omitted from a shipment, damaged during shipment, or to replace parts that malfunction while covered by a manufacturers warranty.
Occasionally, a manufacturer will make minor changes to a product shown online at Mobilityessence.com; this does not mean the product will be exactly like what's pictured.
We are not responsible for color variations of certain products as each web-browser is slightly different and will display colors on the spectrum with varying degrees of uniqueness.